Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"Winter's cold is too much to handle"

Today I am loving the song Horchata by Vampire weekend.

I dont know all of the specific musical terms to describe this song, even though I am a musician, but Im hoping that wont matter too much. Im still quite young and learning. All I know is that this song is amazing! The first time I heard it I could not get over how epic the sudden explosions of sound were (listen and you will know what I am talking about). Its neat how they use unexpected instruments to create a really unique sound, I love it when artists do that. Honestly I have yet to hear a song from them that I did not like, and I have yet to hear a song that does not stand on its own in its uniqueness. Its almost as if the thing that distinguishes them is their variation from song to song. My other favorites are A-Punk and California English. Im actually finding it hard to put my feelings for these songs into words. Hm. I want to write down how a song makes me feel instead of all of its technical aspects; Ill work on that.

On a more personal note, I need to learn how to write these faster cause they are taking time out of my homework, which I am slowly getting behind on. I had to read about classical Greece today which was exciting for me because I am a total nerd when it comes to art history. The Nike of Samothrace is probably my favorite piece from that time. I would post a picture but the "infringing on copyright" thing is still confusing me (we wont risk it until I understand). Its nearly unbelievable how an artist can sculpt marble to look like flowing fabric and make the Nike seem in the middle of an action. I do wish it still had a head though, I try not to let that ruin it for me :P

My neighbors somehow ended up with a trash bag full of leftover bagels from Panera, which of course I allowed them to share with me. So my stomach is feeling pretty great right now. Its been a solid day. I think Im slowly getting the hang of this blogging thing, its alot harder than I thought.

Goodnight!



No comments:

Post a Comment