I am currently writing a paper on how the images on Achilles' Shield (from the Iliad) relate to everyday Bronze Age Greek life. Ridiculous huh? I wont deny that I am getting an amazing education and it is probably what is best for me. However, at this moment as I sit here at my desk surrounded by old-smelling books littered with post-it notes, all I can think about are the many other things I could be doing with my time that would be far more enjoyable. But instead those things pile up on my to-do-over-spring-break list. Work work work. Back to music,
Today I am comforted by Brothers on a Hotel Bed by Death Cab for Cutie.
I will confess that it took me far too long to listen to this song all the way through. The slow piano at the beginning turned me away too quickly. But once you get past that you can appreciate the song as a whole and just be calmed by it. There are some great lyrics too. I especially love how they slowly layer everything. You notice a different thing every time you listen to this song, but then again many songs are like that. I just realized that there is some weird music playing in the background of the beginning, listen for it. Then just relax. Thats what Im doing now that my paper is done =)
Sweet dreams

No comments:
Post a Comment