Friday, March 19, 2010

"It's been a long time since before I've been touched, now I'm getting touched all the time"

Hey, time for a new format (I like change). I need new colors on this thing too but I tried and it looked like someone smashed a parrot all over the website. So yea, Ill try that again later and hopefully be more successful. So its technically friday on one of the longest weeks ever. Ive been back at college for four days and it feels like its been months. I also got a sneak peak of summer over spring break so now I am just craving it even worse. But the sun came out today! and so did the rest of the world, the sidewalks were busy.

Today I am listening to Dance Anthem of the 80s by Regina Spektor. Ive gotten over the fact that I waited by the back door in the sleeting rain with a cold and four inch heels for her to come outside but she snuck out another door cause someone somewhere else made the security guards mad. It was most definitely still worth it. She is amazing and plays a great show, especially how she doesnt put on a huge production. The music by itself is enough to blow my mind. Ok but this specific song, so many different ideas stuck into one. Note how gorgeous she can make the word sleep sound. Its like her music just goes a level deeper, ya know? Really pulls you in and makes you think. And on the video, she is adorable. I could probably go on about her for forever. Just take it all in.

This week in school we have been studying Buddhism (I know, what crazy things I am learning in college that have very little applications to my field of study) (but I secretly enjoy it). And this learning has been weirdly influencing me this week. No Im not Buddhist, I just want to do yoga right now. I also went to Bongo Java last night and somehow that caused me to be super productive, which was excellent cause I had lots to do. I think its just the atmosphere that causes me to work, cause its like im in the middle of something rather than sitting at my desk wondering whats going on in the world outside.

So Lady Gaga's Telephone video was getting too much hype for me to not let it distract me. And oh boy did it distract me for a good hour at least. Its pretty intense, a little all over the place, but interesting nonetheless. Definitely a different approach to music videos occuring right there. Although I didnt really understand what the video had to do with the song, which doesnt detract from the shock value, but also doesnt make too much sense. Fantastic clothes as usual (disregarding the lack of clothes though). Also note the Pomplamoose cover, which is fantastic (as to be expected). But its getting seriously late so Im out for tonight.

sweet dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment