Monday, April 5, 2010

"Our ideas held no water but we used them like a dam"

Today please enjoy Missed the Boat by Modest Mouse.

Genius. Seriously. I just want to sit down and talk with these guys cause most of the time I feel like they are singing about my life. They are great at being deep but not really serious and uptight. It just makes me so content to listen to their music. And this song is so good. There are so many little details so you hear new things every time. And the lyrics are never predictable. Make sure you check out the rest of the cd too, you will not be disappointed.

So I just got back from my easter trip to Chicago. I have no pictures. Typical. I think that some people find that taking pictures adds to their experiences but for me it just sorta distracts me from it. So I suppose what happens in Chicago, stays in Chicago. Im just kidding, nothing sketch happened. Who do you think I am? Just lots of driving, meeting people and eating. Solid weekend.

But now back to school ( I find myself saying that a lot lately, do I really leave that often?). Right away I met with my advisor about next semester. I had planned on calming down and trying to give myself a little more free time but that got shot down almost immediately. Oh and summer school was suggested, thats how ridiculous the amount of things I want to do has become. I have to do it all though, I always do. Anyways, I am supposed to be reading Plutarch but honestly I am much more interested in Ovid and his scandals. Computers are so distracting. People are distracting. Life is distracting. I love it but it will be the death of me one day, seriously.

Don't miss any boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment